I have been very busy during the last two days. That’s why I couldn’t post ‘Daily Study Logs.’
Mass-Radius Relation of Neutron Stars
- I did obtain some results but I couldn’t meet my advisor last Friday. During the weekend, I visualized my results in the graphs. Using this, I can talk to my advisor and explain my research progress more easily.
Astronomy & Astrophysics
- I have read the AAS Nova article. It says that the magnetic field can help dust grains to overcome bouncing barrier that impedes the planet formation.
- I have read the Astrobites article. I didn’t know that some stars are too bright to observe using a space-based observatory. And I didn’t even know that scientists already developed a wonderful technique (Halo photometry) to solve this problem!
- I have read the front page of Friday’s The New York Times.
- I have added 1 word, 1 TOEFL essay, and 1 GRE essay in Anki.
- I have studied 49 words, 44 sentences, 3 TOEFL essays, and 2 GRE essays using Anki.