Hello, everyone! It’s been a long time since I wrote a post on the blog. I was pretty busy these days. I finished my master thesis and submitted it. I had to move out of the US after graduation, I had lots of things to do such as selling a car, canceling insurance, and surrendering my plates, etc.
Now I moved to Japan for a personal reason. (I’m not a Japanese, by the way.) I think I will stay at least for two months, finish my research and publish it, and find a new research opportunity. Also, I’ll apply for the Ph.D. program at the end of the year. I guess I’ll still be busy, but I’m so looking forward to doing my job done and moving toward my goal.
Actually, now I’m unemployed. That means I am short on cash but at the same time, I have plenty of time to do something I’ve always wanted to. I planned to improve and upload some contents on this website as well as my YouTube channel. But there’s a small problem: my desktop was broken during the transfer from the US to Japan (it’s 26 hours journey!), but I’ll find a way to use a computer for streaming or editing videos.
I really want to share many stories, my visions, and goals of this website, but let’s leave it for the next time.
Mass-Radius Relation of Neutron Stars
- I submitted my master thesis, and I’ll do some more research to publish it to a scientific journal.
- I extended the equation of states models to 1000 sets (Previously, there were 125 models to analyze.).
- I’m planning to share my source codes used in my research. I think I could do it within two weeks. 🙂
Astronomy & Astrophysics
- I have read the AAS Nova article. Is an active galaxy beneficial for extraterrestrial life? The author says yes but no, kind of. The intense ray of UV can enhance the photosynthesis and some chemical reactions on the planet about 150 light-years from the center of the galaxy. However, too much UV radiation can kill life very near the galactic center (~ 100 light-years)! Overall, only a small portion of planets is influenced by the AGN and most of the planets are not influenced by the active galactic radiation. So we would be OK even IF our galaxy emits a huge amount of UV radiation from the center.
- I have read the Astrobites article. It’s about measuring the age of the Pisces–Eridanus stream. There is a significant age difference between the previous research and the recent one, the author explains it’s because of the biased data. The Gaia measurement is not effective for hot, high mass stars. By using the data from TESS, they can estimate the age of the stream more precisely.
- I also read another Astrobites article. It says the number of globular clusters in a galaxy is correlated with the virial mass of a galaxy. This is very interesting because the result shows that they have a very strong linear correlation. Although there are some discrepancies, it is still fascinating for me.
- I have read the 5 things on CNN.
- I have read the New York Times Briefing.
- I have studied 20 words and 20 sentences using Anki.
- I have read the Nature Briefing article.