Thornton & Marion, Classical Dynamics, Fifth Edition
Chapter 1. Matrices, Vectors, and Vector Calculus
Problem 11. Triple scalar product
The problem asks you to
1) triple scalar product can be written as
2) the product is unaffected by an interchange of operators or by a change in the order.
3) a geometrical interpretation, which is the volume of the parallelepiped.
The problem gives
the definition of the triple scalar product
We should know about
1) scalar and vector products of vectors and its geometrical interpretations.
2) some properties of the determinant (for matrix calculation).