Chapter 1. Matrices, Vectors, and Vector Calculus
Problem 11. Triple scalar product
The problem asks you to
- Triple scalar product can be written as
- The product is unaffected by an interchange of operators or by a change in the order.
- A geometrical interpretation, which is the volume of the parallelepiped.
The problem gives
- the definition of the triple scalar product
We should know about
- Scalar and vector products of vectors and their geometrical interpretations.
- Some properties of the determinant (for matrix calculation).